VOLT is building a new category of software & robotics products that will revolutionize the security industry and save human lives. Our solutions will be used in everyday environments to detect and mitigate risks such as mass-shootings, armed robberies, and other violent events.
We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors and VC firms that were early-stage investors in Facebook, Uber, Boom, etc. Our founding team brings experience from Google, Apple, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, MIT.
We are looking for passionate, collaborative, and entrepreneurial individuals to join our team. If you like fast-paced environments, are passionate about AI/Robotics, and want to join a mission-driven work culture, then we’d love to speak to you!
As a founding engineer, you will help shape our product strategy, technical architecture, and deploy features that will keep millions of people safe.
- Collaborate across functions (product managers, frontend engineers, autonomy engineers) to deliver cloud systems that enable a new level of security
- Implement robust backend APIs, real-time data pipelines, cache layers, highly-available streaming services, and scalable infrastructure for enterprise and internal systems
- Design secure, efficient, observable, and robust software for dealing with real-time data and video
- Recognize and execute on opportunities to create tools and infrastructure to improve developer efficiency
- Take ownership on a wide range of systems and drive projects from concept through shipping
- Ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, with a primary focus on quality backend code
- High proficiency in Java, Scala, Python, C++ and use gRPC and Protobuf
- Expertise in relational databases and schema design, time-series DBs and data ‘warehouses’ are another bonus
- Experience architecting production-ready APIs, scalable infrastructure, or high volume data pipelines
- Familiarity with both AWS and modern DevOps tooling (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to take a concept and systematically drive it through the software lifecycle: architecture, development, testing, q/a, and deployment